What Criteria Is Used For Redistricting?
- Each district shall be substantially equal in total population to the other districts.
- Districts shall comply with the Federal Voting Rights Act of 1965.
- Districts shall be geographically contiguous.
- The geographic integrity of neighborhoods and communities of interest shall be kept intact to the extent feasible.
- Districts shall be drawn utilizing natural boundaries and streets and to encourage geographic compactness to the extent feasible.
- Besides the above criteria, districts shall not be drawn for purposes of favoring or discriminating against a political party.